It's almost time for Christmas and today's trivia is hosted by Mary Anne Edwards.
My main character in the Charlie McClung Mysteries is Irish. So, I thought it would be fun to have Irish Christmas trivia. Are you ready to learn how Detective Charlie McClung and his family celebrate the holiday? Okay, let’s get cracking. Oh, did I mention there is prize for one lucky person? No? Well, there is!
1. When does the Irish Christmas season begin?
a. November 25th
b. December 1st
c. December 8th
d. December 11th
2. Where will you find an Irish family with friends and family at midnight on Christmas Eve?
3. What do Irish families hang on their front door during the Christmas season?
a. Wreath of Holly
b. String of Potatoes
d. Wreath of Straw
4. What is served during a traditional Irish Christmas dinner?
a. Roast Goose
b. Plum Pudding
c. Three types of Potatoes: roast, mashed, and boiled.
d. All of the above
5. Why do Irish families put a single candle in the window?
a. To welcome Saint Nicholas
b. To welcome Joseph and Mary
c. To welcome friends and family
d. To welcome-in the Christmas season
6. What do Irish children leave out for Saint Nicholas?
a. Biscuits and Whiskey
b. Mince Pie and A Bottle of Guinness
c. Chocolates and Milk
d. A or B
6. What do the Irish typically do on Christmas Day?
a. Swim in the sea
b. Watch boxing
c. Stay indoors all day with family
d. Attend horse racing
7. Which one of these is a traditional Irish Christmas carol?
a. I Saw Three Ships
b. Once in Royal David’s City
c. The Twelve Days of Christmas
b. A Boy is Born in Bethlehem
8. What is the Irish traditional Christmas greeting?
a. Merry Christmas
b. Happy Christmas
c. Blessed Christmas
d. Good Christmas to you
9. When do the Irish take-down their Christmas decorations?
a, December 26th
b. December 31st
c. January 6th
d. January 12th
Leave answers and email in the comments for a chance to win this great prize pack. Winner will be chosen on Saturday and will have three days to respond.
Author of the Charlie McClung Mysteries
Happy Monday! This week's First in Series is Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross Released on August 22, 2000. Seri...
Happy Sunday! What a fun time we had this week. Here is a recap of what happened: May 23rd- First in a Series- Front Page Fatality ...
It's time for trivia and today's host is Victoria Hamilton. Winner will receive a copy of her newest book White Colander Crime. Leav...