Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Author Spotlight- Hannah Reed

Happy Tuesday! This week's featured author is Hannah Reed ( a.k.a. Deb Baker). Hanna is the author of the Queen Bee Mystery series and her newest series the Scottish Highlands Mystery series.








As Hannah:

Hannah Reed is the pen name of author Deb Baker.

http://deb-baker.blogspot.com



As Deb (her real name) she has authored The Gertie Johnson Backwoods Adventures and The Dolls To Die For Series.

In her youth, Deb dreamed of working as a private investigator or as an undercover cop. So when Deb began writing a new series, the Queen Bee mysteries, she did something she always wanted to do -- she went undercover with an alias!



Hannah was one of her all-time favorite names. Reed was her great-grandmother’s maiden name. So she put the two together.

As it turns out, the author Hannah Reed is much younger than Deb Baker. She’s also more daring, more willing to step right into the midst of any sticky situation, and she’s not afraid to tell it like it is.

As Deb says, “Look out! When Hannah’s around, big trouble is sure to follow.”



As Deb Baker:
I was born in the Michigan Upper Peninsula but now I live in Southeastern Wisconsin and I write murder mysteries. I started out writing short stories and knew mystery was my genre when my husband pointed out that all my stories involved women killing their husbands. So far, I've written four Gertie Johnson Backwoods (Yooper) mysteries, a companion cookbook to go along with it, and a Christmas Adventure, four Dolls To Die For, and three Queen Bee mysteries as Hannah Reed. Book 4 in that series will 'bee' out in December 2012.

All of my books were published traditionally. When they went out-of-print (except the bee series is still going strong), I asked for my rights back. Then I had the covers redesigned (I didn't get cover rights back because those belong to the artist) and reissued them myself. Which I'm really glad about because publishers don't seem to give books much time to find readers.

I love gardening, all things about nature, cooking, reading mostly mysteries but I've recently discovered young adult, every sci-fi/fantasy movie that comes along, and spending time with friends and family.

I also blog every Wednesday with The Cozy Chicks, so stop by.

You can connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, or Goodreads

You can also connect with my alter ego, Hannah Reed, who is younger and smarter than I am. Find her hanging out at her Facebook Page (where she talks mainly her books) or her Facebook Profile Page (where she socializes).

http://www.queenbeemystery.com/

http://deb-baker.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to start a book in one of your series.

    ReplyDelete

First in Series- Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross

Happy Monday! This week's First in Series is Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross Released on August 22, 2000. Seri...