And the interview, thanks!

Tell us about yourself?
I live in metro Detroit with my dog, Lucy, who is probably the best dog in the history of dogs. Friends and family are really important to me. I love reading, writing, baking, pretty much anything outdoorsy, and watching copious amounts of bad TV on Netflix.

How did you come up with this story?
I’m a big sucker for anything romance related: romantic movies, chick lit novels, sappy love songs, you name it. I wanted to write a book about a girl who wasn’t into those things. How would the search for romance and true love be for someone who had never read a romance novel in her life? It was fun to look at all of that gooey love stuff through the eyes of someone more jaded about all of it.

What are you working on now?
I’ve just finished the remaining books in the Love Story series, the sequels to In Search of a Love Story. I’m really excited for people to check them out and revisit Emily and her friends! Next up, I’m working on a new novel set in London. It’s been really fun to write so far!

What character was the hardest to write and which one was the most fun?
Emily Donovan, the main character, was actually the hardest one to write. It took me a while to figure out who she was and why she made certain choices. It was worth it though; I found I connected with her a lot, probably because I put so much thought into who she was. The most fun character to write was definitely Emily’s best friend from home, Brooke. I love Brooke! I think she’s very funny, cool, and tremendously loyal. She gets her own book in the series, An Unexpected Love Story.

Do you have a favorite comfort read?
I re-read Pride and Prejudice all the time. It’s my favorite book. I also read the Anne of Green Gables series quite often. I love books that feel like old friends.

If you could live in any book what one would you choose and why?
Probably the Harry Potter series, but only if I got to be a wizard. It’s no fun being a muggle!