Book Trivia- hosted by Cathy Ace
It's time for book trivia today and our lovely host is Cathy Ace!! I love having Cathy on my blog and hope you will enjoy today's trivia! Leave a comment and email for a chance to win! The winner will be announced Sunday Night!
Thanks for having me along to talk trivia! I adore trivia, indeed, I seem to have one of those brains that thrives on it. With that in mind, I’ve posed some questions that folks who haven’t read my Cait Morgan Mysteries might be able to guess, but those who have read some or all four of them should really be able to answer. There are also quite a few “clues” to the right answers on my website, www.cathyace.com
The prize is a signed book – any one of the four mysteries already published (The Corpse with the Silver Tongue, The Corpse with the Golden Nose, The Corpse with the Emerald Thumb, The Corpse with the Platinum Hair). If more than one person gets all the right answers, a hat will be magically produced and a name will be selected from all the successful entrants. GOOD LUCK!
1. What’s Cait Morgan’s full first name?
2. What is Bud Anderson’s full name?
a) Bud Anderson
b) Buddy Anderson
c) Bartholomew Uriah Daniel Anderson
d) Börje Ulf Dyggve Anderson
3. Where was Cait Morgan born and raised?
a) Toronto, Ontario, Canada
b) Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
c) Swansea, Wales, UK
d) Dumfries, Scotland, UK
4. What is Cait Morgan’s profession?
a) Housewife, mother, home-maker: it’s a full-time job!
b) Professor of Criminology: she specializes in profiling victims
c) Practicing psychologist: she works with couples who need help
d) Owns and runs an organic restaurant: a foodie with a chance to eat all she wants!
5. Cait makes it very clear in The Corpse with the Golden Nose (when she meets a fellow fan) that she is a big fan of which fictional character?
a) Sherlock Holmes
b) Doctor Who
d) Lord Peter Wimsey
6. Cait has what sort of memory?
a) Poor: she tries hard, but has to write everything down
b) Good with numbers, but not much else
c) Good with smells, but hopeless with faces, names, and time!
d) Eidetic: her photographic memory operates in all her senses
7. Cait is in her late forties, is five-four on a tall day, and has decided to allow her brown hair to gray naturally. She likes to wear all-purpose bouncy black pants-suits when she has to get dressed up, though she often ends up in circumstances where she gets into quite a mess! Like everyone, Cait’s weight varies from time to time, but what does she count as her “normal” weight?
a) 120-125 pounds: it’s hard work, but she does it
b) 130-140 pounds: she likes her little indulgences
c) 150 pounds: if she goes over she panics, fasts, and exercises more
d) 180 pounds-ish: she’s always on a diet, but there’s usually a good reason to indulge, and she hates exercise
8. There’s a classic way of finishing up a closed-circle murder mystery, where the detective/sleuth gathers all the suspects into one place to work through the explanation of their solution, and unmask the killer/killers. Cait always seems to be able to manage this. What’s that called?
Here is your choice of prize: