Friday, October 24, 2014

Murder in Real Time by Julie Anne Lindsey


What a great way to start the weekend with a fabulous book tour. I'm excited to have with us today Julie Anne Lindsey!! Welcome!

murder in real time large banner640

Murder in Real Time
by Julie Anne Lindsey


The mystery is interesting and kept me flipping the pages until the end, wanting to know who was doing this and why. I also really liked the way the author tells the story. She’s creative with it and I felt like I was one of the islanders through most of the story.
~The Gal in the Blue Mask
As for the mystery, it’s an engaging one that will keep the reader hooked all the way to the end… So as I tell my students – if you want to know what happens you HAVE to read the book. Seriously, I highly recommend you read the book. My to be read list is out of control and there’s not much room to add more, so when I say that I’m adding a series to my must read list (you know the list of authors/series that you always buy?) then you know the book is a must read.
~Booklady’s Booknotes
Murder, mayhem and a dash of romance kept me fully occupied…
~The Ninja Librarian
I liked the way Patience talked to people and got information out of them, you can tell she’s a counselor, she has a way with her of getting people to open up. The mystery was well plotted and intriguing, there’s a nice romantic touch, lovely descriptions of the island, and with plenty of suspects that kept me guessing till the end…
~Carole’s Book Corner
This was a fun new mystery. I liked the characters and the location. While you can jump right in and start with this book and not be at all lost, it stands alone, I find I want to know more and will go back to read the first two in the series.
~Rantin’, Ravin’ and Reading

  • Print Length: 228 pages
  • Publisher: Carina Press (September 29, 2014)
  • ASIN: B00KV62MK4

Synopsis:
Book three of The Patience Price Mysteries
With the chaos of summer tourists and fall birders out of town, counselor Patience Price is looking forward to the quiet life she remembers. She longs for some peace. And an apple fritter. But the calm is cut short when a reality show sets up camp to film a special about ghosts on her little island. Now fans, reporters and crew have flocked to sleepy Chincoteague. Who knew ghost hunters had an entourage?
When two cast members are killed in a room at the local B&B—a room usually occupied by Patience’s FBI agent boyfriend, Sebastian—she finds herself on the case. Sebastian doesn’t want Patience ruffling any feathers but, as always, she can’t help herself.
Patience promises to let Sebastian handle the investigation—he is FBI, after all—but after a drive-by shooting, her wicked curiosity gets the best of her. And with the TV show forging ahead with filming, the list of suspects (and the line of food trucks) only grows. But has the shooter already flown the coop? And how do you find a killer when you don’t know who the target is?

My Review:

This book is a captivating whodunit. Patience is a strong character and her friends are likable and make for a great story. The plot is fun and keeps you wanting more.I like how you get right into the story and it keeps you going from the start.  I didn't read the first two books but will go back and read them.

Patience and her friend Claire always seem to find trouble and this time was no exception when they get mixed up in a murder. Sebastian is on the case to find the killer before they attack again.Patience promised him that she would stay out of it. He knows that she can't keep that promise so he has to keep her from getting hurt all the while trying to find the killer.

You will not be able to put this book down once you start.

Writing: Free Therapy by Julie Anne Lindsey
Do you have any phobias?
I’m not sure I have “phobias’, but I’m afraid of more things all the time. Growing up, I was the least likely child to be abducted because you wouldn’t find me out without a grown up, talking to anyone I’d met less than ninety-seven times (relatives included) or doing anything less than cowering behind my dad’s leg. I’ve long been protective of my body, my safety and my health. I was a dedicated hand-washer before wans washing was cool and I’d stay inside the hotel if my mom forgot to buy sunscreen. In hindsight, I was probably a pain to raise, but I was never in trouble, so there’s that.
So, how did a Chicken Little like me end up writing mysteries? Well, it’s free therapy. Like I said, I’m afraid of everything. Let me list a few things to help you see my problem. Are you ready? *clears throat* My shadow. Not a joke. Abduction. I hate bugs, especially things that fly and spiders. All spiders. I don’t like the dark. I avoid stranger-danger (which made dating in my twenties an impossibility. My girlfriends saw potential sex partners. I saw Ted Bundy. Roofies and Dateline specials on date rape and domestic violence). Honestly, I’m not a huge fan of new experiences either because - unknown. I also dislike crowds, they make me panicky and insecure. I’m terrified to the point of tears when faced with monkeys or their likeness. They can be on television or in photos. Doesn’t matter and I will not go anywhere near them at a zoo. I believe with all my soul they want to kill me in grotesque and animalistic ways. Moving on…..I also fear horses. Have you seen how fast they run? Have you seen the size of their teeth?? They kick, really hard and watch people with big intelligent eyes. They can kill you. Period. They might not be plotting like monkeys, but they’re capable, so I steer clear. I don’t like stray dogs or random wandering animals, domestic or otherwise because they want to bite me. I’m not a fan of driving and I detest highway travel. When I’m at the wheel, I will go thirty minutes out of my way to take back roads. I never watch or read scary stories and I hate when they show previews for scary things during the Today Show, my only non-recorded television viewing because then I have to cover my eyes and listen for it to be over. I fear Oompa Loompas, rightly so, because last year year there was an Oompa Loompa attack in London. I’m not joking. After twenty years of telling my mom they were dangerous, I had my proof and she laughed. Apparently people dressed as Oompas didn’t count as actual Oompas to her. She’s picky like that. The dentist freaks me out, too and I sing old jingles in my head during every checkup and cleaning. I worry I will get lice in a theatre or bed bugs in hotels. I bring my own bowling shoes and roller skates. Rent shoes? Um, no. Attics and unfinished basements bother me. I don’t answer the door for deliveries. You will need to leave that on the doormat. I watch television. I know things. I also worry about killers posing as policemen, and something evil lurking at fairs, festivals and inside funhouses. Are you wondering how I survive? So am I.
I think I’ve been writing more suspense and mystery lately as an outlet for my … issues. It’s nice to see my characters survive. It gives me hope. As official ruler of my worlds, I know the heroine will be okay in the end, get the bad guy and maybe come out a little stronger or wiser for her bravery and tenacious quest for truth. I live vicariously through them. I feel their fears in my soul and root for them with every keystroke. Seeing good things come from scary situations helps me sleep at night. I like knowing no matter what my heroine faces, she can survive it. It gives me hope. I won’t accept candy front strangers anytime soon or park beside one of those panel vans, but I also won’t cross the street when faced with
a squirrel, so that’s a start.
If you’re in the mood for a fun new amateur sleuth series, I hope you’ll consider giving mine a try. My heroine, Patience, is a little quirky and spirited, but she’s clever and lovable too. Of course, I’m utterly biased.
Murder in Real Time
With the chaos of summer tourists and fall birders out of town, counselor Patience Price is looking forward to the quiet life she remembers. She longs for some peace. And an apple fritter. But the calm is cut short when a reality show sets up camp to film a special about ghosts on her little island. Now fans, reporters and crew have flocked to sleepy Chincoteague. Who knew ghost hunters had an entourage?
When two cast members are killed in a room at the local B&B—a room usually occupied by Patience's FBI agent boyfriend, Sebastian—she finds herself on the case. Sebastian doesn't want Patience ruffling any feathers but, as always, she can't help herself.
Patience promises to let Sebastian handle the investigation—he is FBI, after all—but after a drive-by shooting, her wicked curiosity gets the best of her. And with the TV show forging ahead with filming, the list of suspects (and the line of food trucks) only grows. But has the shooter already flown the coop? And how do you find a killer when you don't know who the target is?



Lindsey_headshot
About This Author
Julie Anne Lindsey is a multi-genre author who writes the stories that keep her up at night. She’s a self-proclaimed nerd with a penchant for words and proclivity for fun. Julie lives in rural Ohio with her husband and three small children. Today, she hopes to make someone smile. One day she plans to change the world.

Author Links
Purchase Links
Amazon B&N Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

First in Series- Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross

Happy Monday! This week's First in Series is Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross Released on August 22, 2000. Seri...