It's time for trivia and today's lovely host is Larissa Reinhart! Thank you so much for visiting today. Good Luck everyone, the winner will be chosen on Saturday.
Thanks so much for having me on your Bookcase, Shelley!
For those who don’t know me, I’m Larissa Reinhart and I write the Cherry Tucker Mystery series for Henery Press. The sixth novel, A COMPOSITION IN MURDER, releases November 15th, and a Cherry Tucker short story in a Halloween mystery anthology is also releasing this fall. The first in the series is PORTRAIT OF A DEAD GUY, which was a finalist for the Daphne du Maurier and The Emily award, and Dixie Kane Memorial winner. I’m also a Georgia Author of the Year finalist for the fourth book, DEATH IN PERSPECTIVE.
I’m from Peachtree City, Georgia, but am currently residing in Nagoya, Japan. It’s my fourth time to live in Japan and we’re having a blast, although we miss Georgia.
Let’s have some fun with a Cherry Tucker quiz. Because I used to teach, I’m going to make it multiple choice. For those of you who don’t know Cherry, it’ll be an easier way for you to play and hopefully to learn about her, too!
I’m offering a Kindle or Nook gift certificate for any in the Cherry Tucker series (including HEARTACHE MOTEL, where there’s a Cherry Tucker novella) to the person within 24 hours of posting who has the correct answers. If there’s more than one, I’ll let line picker choose between them.
1. As a portrait artist, Cherry Tucker’s known for her quick sketching, but in her hometown of Halo, Georgia, she’s better known for being a sassy, nosy spitfire. Although she’s from a small town in rural Georgia, she went to art school in _____.
D. New York
2. In PORTRAIT OF A DEAD GUY, the first in the series, she becomes entangled with three men who can be found in most of the other stories. Her sort-of-ex-husband, _____, a drummer; her college ex-flame, _____; and a mysterious newcomer to Halo, ______.
A. Luke, Max, Todd
B. Todd, Luke, Max
C. Luke, Todd, Max
D. Max, Todd, Luke
3. One of the reasons Cherry gets involved in solving mysteries is because
A. Her dad was an ex-cop.
B. Her mother is an ex-con.
C. Her brother is a deputy.
D. Her uncle is sheriff.
4. In the fifth and latest mystery, THE BODY IN THE LANDSCAPE, Cherry finds a body in the woods while landscape painting. She finds herself in that situation when weekending from Halo at the invitation of Max Avtaikin to paint the winner’s portrait at a _______.
A. Hogzilla hunt.
B. Dog show.
C. Turkey shoot.
D. Fox hunt.
5. Shawna Branson has been Cherry’s biggest rival since childhood. Not only is Shawna a wannabe artist, she’s also from the esteemed Branson family whose ancestors have looked down their noses at Cherry’s since Reconstruction. Their Hatfield and McCoy-type social antics heat up when Cherry starts seeing Shawna’s hunky step- cousin, Luke, and when Cherry discovers a secret relationship between ______.
A. Luke and Shawna.
B. Shawna and Cherry’s brother.
C. Cherry’s mother and Shawna’s father.
D. Cherry’s uncle and Shawna’s mother.
6. Cherry’s other antagonist is
A. Tater, the goat.
B. Tater, the hog.
C. Tater, the horse.
D. Tater, the dog.
Cherry’s always struggling to find portrait work in Halo. She’s willing to try any kind of art, just to make money, which has included a funeral portrait (PORTRAIT), festival craft art (STILL LIFE IN BRUNSWICK STEW), a police sketch (HIJACK IN ABSTRACT), and theater scenery (DEATH IN PERSPECTIVE).
In book 6, A COMPOSITION IN DEATH (releasing November 15th), Cherry gets a volunteer gig to teach painting at an independent living home. There she gets involved in a murder mystery when she’s asked to witness the signing of a will by Belvia Brakeman, a ninety-year-old, blind woman, who’s CEO of a family run sweet tea company, _______.
You may need to check my website (www.LarissaReinhart.com) for this one. While you’re there make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get on my subscriber giveaway raffle and get news of the new releases and events!
Sweet As Sin.
8. One sentence Essay: never trust a teacher not to include an essay on a multiple choice quiz ;)
What’s your favorite Cherry Tucker mystery, or if you haven’t read them, which story looks the most interesting? (Need to see the books? Click here for the Amazon page.)
Thanks so much for playing! You can find my books here on Amazon (Click the follow button
for bargain and release updates) or your favorite place to book shop (just ask).
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter at www.LarissaReinhart.com and if you’re social, find me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook where I post about our life in Japan, or just like my official Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RisWrites or find me on Goodreads for book news. I also have a street team page on Facebook, the Mystery Minions, where we have more personal interactions and special contests.
I love hearing and interacting with readers. Just click the links. Thanks and I look forward to meeting you! Have fun playing!
2015 Georgia Author of the Year Finalist Best Mystery
2012 Daphne du Maurier Finalist
The Cherry Tucker Mystery Series (Henery Press)
A Composition in Murder, #6 (November 15, 2016)
Happy Monday! This week's First in Series is Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross Released on August 22, 2000. Seri...
Happy Sunday! What a fun time we had this week. Here is a recap of what happened: May 23rd- First in a Series- Front Page Fatality ...
Happy New Year! This week's First in a Series is a new to me book as well as author. Murder at the House of Rooster Happiness (Ethical C...
Happy Thursday! I am thrilled to be on this blog tour new author Kym Roberts debut book brings fresh new characters with southern charm and ...