Friday, August 3, 2012

Peg Cochran has stopped by today! Come over and say Hi!

Lets give a Warm welcome to Peg Cochran author of Allergic to Death being released August 7th!!!!!


Tell me a little about yourself Peg.
       I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was seven years old and read my first Nancy Drew.  I majored in journalism in college but ended up working in the art world for many years managing a gallery in New York City owned by the son of the artist Henri Matisse.  From there I managed to segue into marketing communications.  My first husband died and I remarried, following my new husband out to Grand Rapids, Michigan where he had taken a job. I now live here “on exile” from New Jersey!  I have two daughters, a granddaughter, a rather crazy cat and a Westhighland white Terrier who just happens to be named Reg like the dog in my Gourmet De-Lite series.

What inspired you to write Allergic to Death?

Cozies were, and still are, selling very well.  I thought I might have the right voice for one so I gave it a try.  It was a great fit!
 Every cozy needs a strong “hook,” so encouraged by some
writer friends, I decided to create a character who makes gourmet diet meals for a small group of clients.  There are a lot of cooking and “foodie” cozies out there, but no one had done anything exactly like this.

How did your Heroine come about?

When I was in Boston I saw a plaque that said “I have an Irish temper and an Italian attitude,” and I thought that’s my character!  She is officially Giovanna (Gigi) Fitzgerald—her name giving a nod to both nationalities. 

What are you working on now? 

    Right now I am working on the third book in the Gourmet De-lite series (no title as of yet) and thinking bout the third book in my series written under my pen name of Meg London.  Murder Unmentionable, the first in the Sweet Nothings Lingerie series debuts in September.

Can you tell us a little about what is next for Gigi?
       In Steamed to Death (assuming marketing keeps that title <g>), Gigi takes on a high profile client, soap star Felicity Davenport, whose country house is in Woodstone, Connecticut.  When Felicity turns up dead, Gigi’s best friend Sienna becomes the chief suspect.  Gigi and Reg work together to prove that Sienna didn’t do it. Oh, and did I mention Declan McQuaid?  He is the newest restaurateur in town running Declan’s Grille.  He’s, Irish, charming and very handsome.  And he’s very attracted to Gigi!

Thank you so much for joining us today. I look forward to your upcoming book!!

Peg Cochran
Allergic to Death, Gourmet De-Lite Series, Berkley Prime Crime August 2012
www.pegcochran.com
Confession Is Murder, the Patron Saint Mysteries
Available NOW for Kindle:  http://amzn.to/Ji8tZY
Writing as Meg London
Murder Unmentionable - Sweet Nothings Series—Berkley Prime Crime, September 2012
Lace, lingerie…and murder
!
www.meglondon.com

2 comments:

First in Series- Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross

Happy Monday! This week's First in Series is Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross Released on August 22, 2000. Seri...