Thanks, Shelley, for inviting me to devise fiendishly difficult trivia questions from my latest book The Skeleton Takes a Bow, which is the second in the Family Skeleton series.
The Family Skeleton books feature adjunct English professor Georgia Thackery, a single mother who moves her teenaged daughter back home and then has to deal with the family skeleton. Which is a skeleton. Named Sid. Sid walks, talks, and tells bad jokes. In the first book, A Skeleton in the Family, Georgia and Sid solve Sid’s own murder. And in this one, they have to solve a murder without a body. (First it was a victim that was still moving, and then a victim that can’t be found. For the third book, which I’m working on now, maybe I’ll make it easier on them and just give them a tangible, non-ambulatory body.)
I’ll warn you, these questions are so darned hard that I’m not sure anybody can get all of them, so I’ll take the winner who gets the most right. (And if more than one person gets them all—hard to imagine though that is—I’ll pick one at random.)
The winner gets a copy of either The Skeleton Takes a Bow or A Skeleton in the Family, and you can either have the paperback edition or a Audible audiobook. (Your choice!) You also get Spooky, the skeletal critter from the Beanie Ballz collection.
So bone up on Sid the Skeleton!
Here we go!! Good Luck!!
What famous Shakespearean character does Sid the Skeleton portray in the high school play in The Skeleton Takes a Bow?
- Falstaff, after a nasty bout of flu
- The Earl of Oxford
Why do Georgia and Sid get involved when Sid witnesses a murder?
- Georgia has plenty of time to kill.
- The police in Pennycross are corrupt and clueless.
- Sid is a trained detective.
- Hello! A skeleton can’t very well go file a report at the police station!
Which choice best describes Sid?
- Bad to the bone
- Always has a bone to pick
What embarrasses Georgia’s teenaged daughter Madison most about having a skeleton in the family?
- Her mother has a lifelong history of in-jokes and memories with Sid.
- Sid knows everything about her, whereas she only met him.
- Sid’s unreasonable dislike for Madison’s dog Byron.
- All of the above. Everything embarrasses teenagers.
What does Georgia consider the best part of working as an adjunct faculty member instead of being tenured?
- Lack of control over her schedule.
- No benefits.
- Cramped office space.
- None of the above--being an adjunct sucks!
Why can it be annoying to have a skeleton for a best friend?
- He never gains an ounce.
- He eavesdrops constantly.
- He never ages, what with being dead already.
- He likes twerking.
How did Sid become an animated skeleton?
- When a mama skeleton loves a daddy skeleton very much...
- He’s a zombie who took the diet just a bit too far
- He was bitten by a radioactive skeleton
- We are never going to find out.
Don't forget to leave an email so you can be contacted !!
Isn't he the cutest!!