Thursday, November 26, 2015

Guest Post- Edith Maxwell

Happy Thanksgiving!! I am so thrilled to have Edith Maxwell with us today. What are you thankful for today? Have a great Thanksgiving. I am thankful for each of my friends and family.



Happy Thanksgiving, all! And thanks to Shelley for inviting me over.

I blogged on Monday over at my regular spot, the Wicked Cozy Authors, about some unusual things I’m grateful for. Today I’m thankful for my wonderful adult sons, for pumpkin pie, for my stalwart partner, Hugh, for my generous and talented author pals. I’m of course grateful that I live in a relatively safe part of the world, where war is not underway. Although we all know that too much shooting and even bombings go on right here in the United States.



I’m full of gratitude that stories continue to pour out of me, and that major publishing houses want to pay me to write them. And delighted that readers like my books! Here’s a fun story from one reader. She’s talking about my first Country Store mystery, Flipped for Murder, which just came out a month ago:



Missi Stockwell posted on my Maddie Day author page on Facebook, “Okay, so as I was just about to fall asleep last night I jumped because I thought I forgot to visit someone in the hospital. Then I remembered that it was Robbie going to visit Roberto in Italy and I laid back down. That’s when you know a book is GOOD....it stays with you even after you are done reading it.” Glad you liked it, Missy!


I’m really excited about my new historical series, the Quaker Midwife Mysteries. Delivering the Truth will release in April – and don’t you love the cover? Rose Carroll is a Quaker, a midwife – and now an amateur sleuth, hearing secrets and birthing the truth about murder.



And I’m thankful Kensington Publishing renewed my Local Foods Mysteries for two more books. Book four, Murder Most Fowl, will be out in late May (as will Country Store number two, Grilled for Murder).

I’m even grateful for the short dark days of this season – because they make it easier to stay inside and write!

Readers, what are you thankful for?



Edith Maxwell
Agatha-nominated and Amazon best-selling author
Farmed and Dangerous. Kensington Publishing, 2015
Bluffing is Murder. (Written as Tace Baker), Barking Rain Press 2014
Flipped for Murder. (Written as Maddie Day), Kensington Publishing, 2015
Delivering the Truth. Midnight Ink, 2016
http://www.edithmaxwell.com
http://wickedcozyauthors.com


5 comments:

First in Series- Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross

Happy Monday! This week's First in Series is Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross Released on August 22, 2000. Seri...