It's time for Valentine's trivia and today's lovely host is Linda Reilly! Thank you so much for being here today Linda.
Hello, I’m Linda Reilly (www.lindasreilly.com). I’d like to thank Shelley for inviting me to join her today on her wonderful blog! I’ll be challenging you with some Valentine’s Day (or related) trivia questions. Prizes will be awarded to three winners. The first prize is a signed copy of Fillet of Murder. The second is a signed copy of Out of the Dying Pan (after its March 1, 2016 release), and the third is a $10 Amazon gift card to be sent electronically.
Have fun . . . I can’t wait to read your answers!
1. The famous pastel candy hearts we see each Valentine’s Day are produced by NECCO, which stands for which of the following?
a. New England Confectionary Company
b. New England Coffee & Candy Operations
c. New England Candy and Chocolate Organization
2. Around the middle of the nineteenth century, “vinegar valentines” became popular. The name arose from which of these?
a. The use of vinegar to preserve the card stock on which the valentine was printed
b. The stench given off by the voluminous amounts of red ink on each card
c. The derogatory or insulting message contained in the valentine
3. A tour of the White House first aired on television on Valentine’s Day in 1962. The tour was hosted by which of these famous persons?
a. Elvis Presley
b. Jacqueline Kennedy
c. Bob Hope
4. In my first cozy mystery, Some Enchanted Murder, lovesick banker Frederic Dwardene pens a valentine poem to the woman he loves. In which year was the valentine written? (Hint: it was the year after I was born; I became eligible for Medicare on 12/1/15!)
5. Not exactly trivia, but . . . can you spot the mistake in this antique postcard showing two lovers embracing?
a. The man has only one ear
b. The woman has a beard
c. A word is misspelled
Leave answers and email for a chance to win. Winners will be chosen on Saturday February 20th. Good Luck.
Happy Monday! This week's First in Series is Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B. Ross Released on August 22, 2000. Seri...
Happy Sunday! What a fun time we had this week. Here is a recap of what happened: May 23rd- First in a Series- Front Page Fatality ...
Happy Thursday! I am thrilled to be on this blog tour new author Kym Roberts debut book brings fresh new characters with southern charm and ...
Happy New Year! This week's First in a Series is a new to me book as well as author. Murder at the House of Rooster Happiness (Ethical C...